Wednesday, August 26, 2009

You will be missed Gramps

Today, I heard about my last living grandfathers passing. We knew this would occur soon but still hoping and praying that he would make it for a few more weeks.
My Grandpa was an inspirational man, even though I never got to really know him like I wish I could have. My grandpa was the type of man who loved his father in heaven and found the positive of every situation.
Most know of my parents divorce which made it sometimes difficult to stay in contact. I have been thinking about what I remember most about my grandpa and I would have to say, when he would come up from Vegas stay in a hotel just to visit with us. We would also go and visit him in Vegas and he always had this accent and smile which made you feel like you were somebody special to him.
Grandpa if you were here and I had one more chance to tell you how I feel I would say,
Gramps,
You are a truly special person. You have faced many trials in your life from bringing your family to the United States from England to the health issues these last few years. I looked at you and see how close you are to God and now, gramps, you are with our glorious maker. You are in no more pain only surronded by happiness that no one will be able to understand. We will greive for our loss while celebrating your life. You have brought so much joy to so many, especially the little ones bouncing on your knee. We love you and miss you already.
P.S. The kids still remember the gumballs you got for each of them. You always love to spoil the little ones.

No comments: