Friday, November 7, 2008

Another child with ADHD

Ever since Caleb's accident I have been noticing some behaviors (actually we have been noticing them for awhile but the accident was teh straw that broke the camel's back). I discussed my concerns with the peditrician and he also noticed some behaviors that were just not quite right. He asked me to take him to a therapist to do further testing. Today, we did get a diagnosis of ADHD. This is not my first rodeo with this and I feel that I am going to be able to handle the behaviors and hopefully change them to be more "normal". Our goal at this point, since he is only three is to teach him what is acceptable and what is not (not an easy task). This is our first goal. Then we were change things slowly adding more goals. Just thought the family would like to know.

No comments: