Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Journal

I am using this blog as a family journal. At times you will read things from the kids about the deployment and hopefully from David. Everyday I will make an entry and hopefully I wont sound like I am complaining all the time. This is going to be used to stay connected to my soldier and for others who are going through the same thing and feelings to know they are not alone. October 8, 2008 Last night I sat in bed thinking about this deployment and tried to figure out the best word to fit the circumstances. The best word I found was Proud. I am proud to be a wife and mother. Proud of my independence and proud of what I have evolved and MOST of all Proud to have a husband who is a good example to my children and teach them somethings are worth the sacrifice. Deployments are not easy but opens my eyes to how much David means to me. I will admit I took him for granted. I didn't realize how much he did for me, physically and emotionally. He would take care of the yard and all the heavy stuff around here and emotionally he was there when the bad days came. Yes, I will admit he was the one who usually got the brunt of my bad days and he would take it. As a family, we have grown so much. My kids now feel they can handle things they didn't have to (when dad gets home, they will probably not want to continue, Sry hun). I learned that no matter the crisis, I am strong enough to handle the situation. So far I have handled being broke, broken windows,Death of a dog, Training of a pup, sick dog, Hurt dog, Sick kids, Homework, yard work (redoing the yard so I can do it the way I want), becoming outgoing due to the FRG, broken cars, changing tire, etc. No matter what has been thrown in the path, my children and I are stronger and we know the Lord will not put anything before us we can not handle. The Lord has put us to the test but the blessings he has also given us are unbelievable. Blessings such as knowledge, Caleb not being in the hospital (1 year and counting), empowerment, etc. These blessings we would of probably took for granted if David was here. So Today my goal is not to take so much for granted. My life is crazy and this deployment is even crazier but we are living and surviving one day at a time. Things are going to get hard during the holidays but I know with the support of my family and having my kids with me, we will make it through with flying colors. Then when David comes home he will know that he was missed and how much we need him in our home. Deployments are great for realizing what we have. (Okay book is done for today).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just rmemeber what don't kill you will make you a stronger women, wife nad mother.I did it for 21 years, away from all my faimily and friends in towns I didn't know how to get around or any friends, they all lived in Medesto and i moved around. Give the kids a big hug and kiss for us. Hope to see you all soon.
We LOVE YA
Uncle Marvin and Aunt Twana

Anonymous said...

Thank you for allowing us into such a personal part of your life. You are right God will not give you more then you can handle. Stay faithfull to that. Kevin and have a triangle kind of saying...God first (he he the top point) us on the bottom and the lines can never be broken. We have and are amazed at the blessings.

You are such a strong amazing women. You are a role model to so many in the world. I know as a child of a Navy dad it was hard to see dad go. But I loved getting letters from him and we counted down the days for his return! Growing up with a family member in the millitary gives you such a pride for country and parent. I can apperciate how hard my mom worked while my dad was gone. Your kids know that too. Know that even on you bad days..and there will be! You have so many people supporting you and David.

Stacey and Kevin Jones